What are tinctures?
A tincture is a super potent liquid extract made by soaking parts of one or more plants in alcohol or vinegar for several weeks to extract the active components. Tinctures are a simple way to consume the active constituents found in plant parts, they are easy to make and have been used for centuries.
A CBD tincture is a liquid dietary CBD supplement derived by steeping high-CBD cannabis flowers in an alcohol and water solution and then applying low heat for some amount of time. CBD tinctures are incredibly popular among CBD enthusiasts because they are very potent. They are so concentrated that a few droplets will produce instant therapeutic benefits.
Benefits of CBD tinctures
CBD tinctures have gained immense popularity due to the incredible therapeutic benefits they provide. The following are only a few of the benefits CBD tinctures can provide:
- Can provides relief for problems such as chronic pain, Parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, insomnia, acne, and many other conditions.
- Alleviates anxiety, depression, and many other mood disorders.
- Research has linked CBD tinctures with improved heart health and circulatory system.
(Read More About The Benefits of CBD Tinctures)
(Read More About CBD and Anxiety Relief)
How to Consume CBD Tinctures
CBD tinctures are typically taken by placing a couple of drops under the tongue (sublingually). However, some people don’t like drops for various reasons but still want to enjoy the benefits CBD can provide. The good news is that there’s a viable alternative to the sublingual method for those who want to try a new CBD ingestion method. I’m talking about making simple recipes using CBD tinctures. You can add your favorite tincture to your recipe and make a potent CBD-infused product that suits your taste. In fact, these recipes give you full control over the potency of your CBD product.
In this article, we’re going to look at three CBD tincture recipes anyone can make at home.
CBD Infused Oatmeal
Oatmeal is an incredibly nutritious cereal that is commonly eaten as a breakfast option. Packed with soluble fiber, protein, and tons of nutrients, oatmeal is one of the best whole-grain foods you can consume.
Benefits of oatmeal
- Oatmeal is rich in fiber which helps to lower cholesterol levels.
- It keeps you feeling fuller for longer; hence they help you control your weight.
- It is packed with important vitamins and minerals which provide a wide range of health benefits.
- Oatmeal helps to control blood sugar.
- Promotes bone health and heart health.
It can also improve digestive health by helping to regulate bowel movements and
can reduce cancer risk. It’s good for the skin, particularly when it comes to holding moisture.
Benefits of infusing oatmeal with CBD
Infusing oatmeal with CBD has become one of the latest wellness trends. By infusing CBD into food products such as oatmeal, you get the potential health benefits of CBD while also eating something tasty. For beginners and those looking to take their CBD supplement with food products, adding a dose of CBD tincture to oatmeal can be one of the easiest ways to incorporate CBD supplement into your day. Unlike taking CBD supplement using the sublingual technique, infusing oatmeal with CBD delivers long-lasting effects.
Another advantage of adding CBD tincture to oatmeal is that it improves bioavailability; hence maximizing absorption rates. Besides, infusing oatmeal with CBD makes it easier to determine the dosage that will give you the desired results. Since CBD supplements in liquid state are absorbed faster than those in solid-state, infusing oatmeal with CBD is an ideal option for beginners who want to gradually get used to the new substance in their bodies.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Duration: 1-8 hours
Serving Size: 1
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk or non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle of salt
- 6 drops of Koi Naturals Lemon-Lime or Strawberry Tincture
Suggested toppings—fresh fruit, granola, nuts and seeds, coconut flakes, purple maple syrup, and banana soft serve.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, chia seeds, milk, and cinnamon and stir until well combined. Now add vanilla extract, brown sugar, and a sprinkle of salt to the mixture and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Drop in the CBD tinctures and combine gently.
- Cover the bowl and leave the mixture in the fridge for a minimum of two hours. Preferably, refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, stir the mixture to combine and add your preferred toppings.
CBD BULLET COFFEE
CBD bullet coffee is one of the best ways to enjoy a cup of delicious coffee combined with your favorite CBD tinctures. The following are some of the benefits of using CBD bullet coffee.
- This great combination functions as a powerful antioxidant, which helps to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Enhances mental alertness without causing annoying side effects such as anxiety and jitters.
- CBD bullet coffee enhances the relaxation of the nervous system; hence it’s an effective anxiety-reducer.
- Increases energy by combing the effects of caffeine and CBD.
- Improves mood and feelings of general wellbeing by regulating hypothalamic function.
This combination can also impact weight loss and metabolism. Caffeine is known to increase the release of fats from fat tissues while CBD increases the body’s ability to burn calories by boosting the activity of mitochondria cells. CBD bullet coffee allows you to experience longer-acting benefits of both caffeine and CBD.
Benefits of Using CBD for Bullet CoffeeMixing CBD and bullet coffee has become a popular trend in the CBD world. A combination of bullet coffee and CBD supplement can really boost your energy in the morning and enhance your mental alertness without leaving you feeling jittery. Cannabis enthusiasts prefer using CBD for bullet coffee to enjoy the benefits of both CBD and caffeine at the same time. In the right dosage, CBD produces an energizing effect while reducing the jitters associated with caffeine. Besides, it mediates caffeine’s interruption of sleep to bring about positive impacts on sleep quality. Another benefit of using CBD for bullet coffee is that the combination is a bioavailability game changer. Taken in their raw form, CBD tinctures are poorly absorbed. Therefore, infusing your bullet coffee with CBD increases the amount of CBD absorbed by the body.
- 8 oz of freshly brewed Rip City Roast coffee by Tranquility Tea Company
- 1 tablespoon of MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1and ½ dropper of CBD Tincture
Our Favorites for a delicious bullet coffee are Koi Naturals Natural Flavor Tincture, Pachamama Goji Cacao Tincture or Social Cinnamon Leaf Tincture.
- Brew 8-12 oz of Rip City Roast coffee by Tranquility Tea Company and let it cool for 2-5 minutes.
- In a blender, add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil, 1 tablespoon of unsalted grass-fed butter, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the coffee over the oils and butter in the blender and mix up for 30 seconds.
- Add the CBD tinctures depending on your desired dosage. If you decide to add a sweetener, now’s the time to add that too.
- Blend the mixture for 15-20 seconds. It will become a bit frothy.
- Pour into your coffee cup and enjoy.
CBDelicious SMOOTHIESmoothies are an easy way to load up on nutrients at any time of the day. The nutritional power of a smoothie made with fresh, healthy ingredients such as strawberries, blueberries, and banana yogurt is seriously unprecedented. So whether you’re looking to supercharge your morning or recharge after a tough workout, a superfood smoothie is all you need.
If you already love superfood smoothies and you’re looking for an alternative way to consumer CBD tinctures, you may want to try a super simple CBD smoothie recipe. All you have to do is to add your favorite tincture to a smoothie recipe and enjoy. A supercharged superfood smoothie is packed with lots of antioxidants which offer the following benefits:
- Improve heart health and blood circulation.
- Help to lower your risk of infections and some forms of cancer.
- May fight neurological and mood disorders.
- Antioxidants protect against cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Combats effects of aging.
- Improves vision.
- Helps to boost the immune system.
How does CBD work with antioxidants?
CBD works with antioxidants to protect our cells from oxidation. The structure of CBD contains a free oxygen atom which makes it great at neutralizing free radicals. Therefore, CBD improves the health of our cells and reduces the risk of developing infections, thanks to antioxidant properties.
This classic CBD smoothie is a delicious and simple way to enjoy the many health benefits of CBD.
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen whole blueberries
- 1 cup banana yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 dropper of Social Meyer lemon tincture
- 1 dropper of Pachamama green tea Echinacea
- 1 dropper of Koi strawberry tincture
3 drops of 1 of these tinctures works fine but one of each is an antioxidant powerhouse.
- Puree the strawberries, blueberries, banana yogurt, almond milk, coconut milk, and chia seeds in a blender until smooth.
- Add honey and a pinch of Kosher salt and continue to blend. Add the CBD tinctures and blend well.
- Add your favorite toppings and serve immediately
So there you have it. These are the 3 simple recipes you can make at home and enjoy many CBD benefits.